I would like this opportunity to welcome all the new families to our Centre. Our dedicated teachers provide a great place for your children to grow, make friends and learn new skills every day! On behalf of the staff, we are all looking forward to another great year!
With the fall season approaching, each class will be getting back to their regular programs starting September 5th. There will be a few staff changes within the classrooms in the next few weeks. We are pleased to have a new staff member, Anna Fraser, join our team at the beginning of September. Anna is a Level 2 ECE and has accepted a term position with us until Feb. 2019.
With summer almost over, our students last day will be Friday, Aug 25th. I would like to thank Jillian (School Age), Cate (PreSchool), Brittany (Toddler), Jessica and Courtney for their hard work and dedication demonstrated to us over the summer. I know the children and staff will miss them. Good luck in your studies and future goals!!!
Be sure to check out our Facebook page and website, www.windsordaycare.ca for all the current and upcoming information about the centre, photos, fundraising events, etc… We would like to fill up the “Testimonials” section of our website. If you could take a couple of minutes to express your family’s experience here at the centre, it would be much appreciated!
Starting the new school year off right!
- This is a good time to clean out your child’s cubbie box, making sure they have everything they need for the coming weeks and changing season. Please remember to label your child’s items.
- Please call the Day Care Centre if your child will be absent due to illness, medical appointments or just time off. It is a licencing requirement to record the reasons why children are not in attendance.
- Drop off your child is no later than 10:00 am. Arrival should be punctual for maximum play opportunities for your child. We consider timely arrival as a valuable opportunity for your child to transition from your care to school as it provides them with the time to make choices, socialize with others and settle into their day before getting ready for morning activities or outings.
- We are a NO SCENT Centre.
- When sending food items with your children for breakfast, we ask you make healthy choices. There are a numbers of items that we are not permitted to serve. We understand the convenience of picking up breakfast on the way, but please avoid sending in non-nutritious items. I have included the list of foods we are not able to serve. Thanks for understanding!
Dates to remember
September 2 – Pool Party from 11 – 12:00 at the Windsor Aquatic Centre
September 4 – Labour Day, Centre Closed
September 5 – Fundraising Meeting @ 6:00 New members welcome!
September 6 – First Day of Elementary School & First Day of the Kinderschool Program
September 22 – First day of Autumn
September 29 – Inservice for Windsor Elementary School – No Kinderschool today
Our Annual Walk-A-Thon will be held later in September or early October. Details will be arranged at our Fundraising meeting on September 5th. This event is still in the planning stages so stay tuned for future updates.
Plans will soon be underway for the Pumpkin Regatta and parade. Dill’s Farm has donated a giant pumpkin so stay tuned for more information.
Once again we will be participating in the 2 Cute 2 Toss Sale at the Windsor Legion on October 28th. Besides providing the canteen we will have a table, so if you have any children related items you wish to donate it would be appreciated. Hope to see you there!
End of Summer Pool Party
On behalf of the Board of Directors I would like to invite all the families of the Windsor Day Care Centre to the Windsor Aquatic Centre for an end of summer pool party. The centre has rented the pool from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm followed with Pizza and refreshments at the gazebo. We would love to see you all there!