The fall season is here and most of our classes are full. The children and staff are settling in nicely, adjusting to their new friends, routines and programs. October is going to be a busy month with lots of special events planned, so please take note of all the upcoming plans for the month!
- The day care will be providing the canteen service at the 2 Cute 2 Toss Sale on Saturday, September 24th from 9 to 12 pm. We will also have a table to sell items, so if you have any child related items you wish to donate we would gladly accept them. We would also like donations of baked goods, like cupcakes/brownies, to sell as well. If you are able to assist us with some baking that would be awesome. All proceeds are going towards our yard development.
- During the month of October we will also be selling tickets on a Lottery Board valued at $250.00. We are asking each family to assist us by selling a book of tickets. These will be ready within the next week.
- The Centre will also be taking part in the Pumpkin Weigh-off and Regatta this year. Dill Farms has provided us with a giant pumpkin to row in the regatta. We will have a booth set up to promote the centre at both events. More information will be posted once plans are finalized.
- Chase the Ace is still ongoing at Tommy Gun’s each Thursday evening, starting at 6, until the Ace has been drawn! Please pass this info along to your family and friends and come out and support the day care in this exciting new fundraising event.
- Our Annual Walk-A-Thon will be held later in This year we will do being something different. We are looking at hosting a family fun fair after the walk-a-thon here at the centre. This event is still in the planning stages so stay tuned for future updates.
Dates to Remember
Saturday, September 24th – 2 Cute 2 Toss at the Legion
September 27th – Preschool Class trip to Mermaid Theatre
September 30th – School Age Children’s trip to Noggins Farm
October 1st– Pumpkin Weigh off – Staff and Board member will be judging the events!
October 9th – Pumpkin Regatta
October 10th –Thanksgiving Day– The centre will be closed!
October 19th– Early dismissal for school age children
October 28rd– In-service day for school age children
October 31st– Halloween
Things to Remember
- Please arrive no later than 10:00 a.m., each day to ensure that your child has some time to play with their friends before the day’s activities begin and to have morning snack if need be. If you plan to arrive late due to an appointment, please advise the centre as soon as possible. Not advising us could result in your child’s group being away from the daycare when you arrive.
Our typical nap time is from 12:30pm-2:00pm. Children may not be dropped off between these hours as it is very disruptive to have children arriving during nap time (for both the children here and the child who has to arrive to either immediately go down for a nap, or then is required to be quiet while the younger ones sleep). If you are picking your child(ren) up between these times please do so quickly and quietly. Please let us know when you will be arriving at nap time, so we can wake them a minute or two early and get them ready for you, as this is usually the least disruptive way.
- Please call the Day Care Centre if your child will be absent due to illness, medical appointments or just time off.
- With the fall season here, it is a good time to clean out and check your child’s cubbies. Even though it can be cool in the morning, the afternoons can still be warm so please ensure your child has the clothing to be dressed appropriately.
During the month of October many of our classes will be participating in some off site activities. These include:
- Tuesday Sept. 27th, the group will be attending Mermaid Theatres special performance of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, at the theatre on Gerrish St.
- Monday, October 31st, both Preschool and Kinderschool will be trick or treating with the residents at Haliburton Place at the Hospital.
- Friday, Sept. 30th the children will be touring Noggin’s Farm Market in Greenwich. The group will participate with fall harvest and apple picking, find their way through the mini corn maze and explore the barnyard adventure area.
- Participating in the open gym at the Community Centre once a week. Watch the program for days and time.
OPEN CALL – VIDEO EDITORS NEEDED